Monday, July 2, 2012

My mom & my sister have me hooked on Estate Sales now...just what I needed!




....vintage jewelry?! Yes please! The blue necklace I die for...and that bracelet with the multi-colored stones is amazeballs. It closes with a screw! $7....yea. Insanity, right?! And that bright yellow necklace...loves. Costume jewelry is so much fun.
It's Summer time and estate sales and garage sales are poppin' up every weekend ~ I suggest you start checking them out. You never know what you're going to find. I still have to give all these pieces a good cleaning before I wear them...Here's my process for cleaning:
(1) I'll start off with a toothbrush & toothpaste to shine everything up delicately. Wash everything under warm water.
(2) Finish off with a bowl covered in aluminum foil. Fill it with  HOT, boiling water. Dump your pieces in alone or all together. Makes no difference. Then, sprinkle in some baking soda and watch it fizz and clean!
Fun stuff...cleaning jewelry can be pretty amusing...lol...so, after 10 minutes, take everything out. Rinse under cold water. Dry it off. There ya go.
...or you can take it to a pro and spend unecessary money having them clean it :) 

Anyway, I love my new finds!! Can't wait to wear them out.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Shopping, Saving & Sequins. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig