Monday, April 30, 2012

Nina Shoes - An American Icon and a Staple in Every Woman's Closet

The other day I was talking with a girlfriend and happened to mention my upcoming collaboration with Nina Shoes. I was like, "You know, Nina?" I was blown away when my friend was perplexed... "Nina Shoes? Don't think I've heard of them."
WHAT?? I was gobsmacked! "What do you MEAN you've never heard of Nina??" YES, YOU HAVE. Guaranteed you probably have Nina's in your closet and you don't even know it! Needless to say, I was almost offended that my girl was drawing a blank when it came to Nina. So, it's time to educate those fo you who are also drawing a blank when it comes to this iconic shoe brand. Get in the KNOW!


Established in fab NYC in 1953, brothers Mike and Stanley Silverstein, Cuban emigrants, opened up shop on well-known Prince Street. The lovely name Nina came from none other than Stanley's first born daughter...How sweet is that? I love it...
"It all started with a fashion clog -- a sexy, platform sandal with a wood stiletto-like heel that was a reinterpretation of the clogs their father had made in Cuba. By the end of the 1950's, Nina's fashion clogs were on the feet of stylish women everywhere, including the Miss Universe contestants!"

To this day, Nina continues to be proudly designed in NYC and styles are available in nearly every department store nation-wide, and in more than 20 countries world-wide!
Nina Shoes has a wonderful website where you can not only pick up some new shoes, but you can purchase fabulous glitzy clutches, handbags, wedding veils, jewelry AND there's even super stylish wedding party tees!! Really wishing I had known about this section on their website before I got married. The bridal party-themed tees have rhinestone bedazzled collars and sequined trims! You have to check them out if you're in the wedding market for sure.

A plethora of goodies awaits you at Nina....but none more exciting than this.... DYO (Design Your Own) SHOE!!!!! 
I could not have been more thrilled when Nina was like, "Vanessa, how would you like to design your own shoe??" AND even more thrilling was when MY personal and 1000% unique design arrived.....I was literally beside myself....





Outfit: ALEXIS watercolor romper, Elizabeth & James blazer, Alexis earrings c/o Pop of Chic, Stella & Dot link bracelet c/o S&D stylist Tara Anderson, Bag Fourteen c/o Torregrossa and DYO shoes c/o Nina Shoes.

These faboosh shoes were designed by the one and only...ME! And it was easy as pie. All I had to do was visit NINASHOES.COM and at the top, click on "DESIGN YOUR OWN", to which a drop-down menu appears and you can select earrings (Yes, you can design your own earrings too!) or shoes. 
Once you select shoes, a variety of Nina styles appears totally devoid of any color or embellishing, a blank canvas if you will, with the styles varrying in heel heights to appease EVERYONE. If you don't like 4" heels, don't stress because they've got you covered...

For my pair, I selected the "Rinalda" style ($150) with 5" heels, naturally! LoL! I went with a size 6.5 since I already knew what size I was with Nina. KNOW your size when designing your own pair ladies...obvi this is crucial since you cannot make returns on custom designs....

Anyway, for the upper satin color, I chose "Mint Luster" and for the platform I went with "Teal Blue" and for the heel I chose "China Blue." I chose these specific colors because I wanted to get in on the whole color-blocking trend and this was too perfect an opportunity! The BEST part was selecting my SOLE color!! For fun, I chose the "Silver Glitter" option and I must say...silver glitter was the way to go!



So, once you put in your customization order, your shoes should arrive in about 3-4 weeks. And when they arrive...wow....you'll be speechless. 
The first thought that ran through my mind as soon as I opened the box and gazed upon my shoe wonders was...OMIGAW. This is going to be addictive. I want to design MORE SHOES with Nina...like, ALL the time now! To which my husband drew in a rather large sigh and laughed! Haahaaaa! Even HE couldn't deny that this DYO process was indeed a marvelous find....


______________________________________________________________________

Nina Shoes has collaborated on this post and wants to join me in sponsoring a fantastic GIVEAWAY!
Yes!! ONE lucky, LUCKY, L U C K Y reader will have the opportunity to DESIGN YOUR OWN SHOES!! So...what do you need to do to WIN!

HOW TO ENTER:
(1) "Like" Shopping, Saving & Sequins Facebook page.
(2) "Like" Nina Shoes Facebook page.
(3) Leave a comment on this post with YOUR FIRST NAME AND CONTACT EMAIL AND....if you won, tell me WHICH style shoe would YOU choose to Design Yourself? Obviously, you'll need to go to the Nina Shoes website and check out the selection they have under the "Design Your Own" section.

EXTRA ENRTY:
(1) You can garner yourselves ONE more entry point simply by following along with Shopping, Saving & Sequins and Nina Shoes via Twitter and tweeting THIS MESSAGE:
"Have a LOVE for #Shoes? Then check out the #Giveaway going on with @ShopSaveSequins & @Nina_Shoes!"

*This Giveaway shall commence today, Monday, April 30th 2012 and come to an end on Monday, May 14th 2012 at NOON PST. One winner will be randomly selected at that time, emailed, and announced via the blog and all social media outlets unless requested otherwise.
**Special Thanks to Mary with Nina Shoes for this wonderful sponsorship!

BEST OF LUCK MY FASHIONABLY WONDERFUL READERS!
SHARE:

5 comments

  1. Kendra
    rockgirl1996@live.com
    If I won I would totally get the Elga 4.25 inch heel, haw fallen head over heels in love with them, and my small budget would not allow me to get them any other way :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miranda

    misssweetknight@gmail.com

    If I won I would definitely pick the Elga 4.25 heel =] <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jennifer
    jenniferbluntson@ymail.com

    I would choose the rinalda 5"inch heel for a sexier look . I have a pair of the elga brown satin heels. I love them too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vanessa!!!

    I would love the Ronalda heels as well! :)

    You're awesome,
    Lindsey
    lindsanne8@aim.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah
    sarahfillis@yahoo.co.uk

    Would love the rinalda 5"!

    ReplyDelete

© Shopping, Saving & Sequins. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig